Chike Odiwe has been an associate attorney at the Law Offices of John L. Burris since 2017. After graduating from St. John’s University, New York, Mr. Odiwe received his Juris Doctorate from Golden Gate University School of Law, in San Francisco, where he specialized in litigation. During law school, Mr. Odiwe was awarded multiple honors for academic and litigation excellence – Mr. Odiwe was consistently on the Dean’s List, received a CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Advanced Torts, was a finalist in the Appellate Advocacy Competition, and a member of the Moot Court Board.
Mr. Odiwe currently handles litigation matters in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and throughout Southern California. Mr. Odiwe’s practice focuses on Civil Rights and Personal Injury litigation. He is licensed to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, as well as the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern District Courts of California, and all California State Courts.
Mr. Odiwe has successfully prosecuted wrongful death actions and civil rights violations against San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Clara, and San Bernardino.
Mr. Odiwe was a member of a trial team that secured a verdict of $1,766,875.95 for clients from the City of Santa Clara in a police misconduct action. He has also secured settlements of $950,000.00 and $695,000.00 against the County of Alameda and the County of San Bernardino, respectively for police misconduct actions.
- St. John’s University, B.A., English
- Golden Gate University School of the Law, Juris Doctorate
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- All California State Courts
Recognition and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- The National Black Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- Member of Best of the Bar