AREAS OF PRACTICE
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
J.D. – 2003
University of California, Berkeley
B.S., Political Science – 1999
*Honors: High Academic Honors
**Honors: National Golden Key Merit Scholar.
CBC Emerging Leader, Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislative Conference, Washington, D.C., 2006
Mr. Pointer has represented NBA and NFL professional sports players. He also set a record for single largest jury verdict returned on behalf of an individual plaintiff in a civil rights case in the Federal Northern District of California. Mr. Pointer’s previous employment includes having worked for Congress Woman Barbara Lee.
Meet Your Attorney
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, and Eastern Districts of California
- All California State Courts
Civic Groups, Volunteer Organizations, & Awards
- Featured in the February 2008 Ebony Magazine article entitled 30 On The Rise;
- In 2006, the Congressional Black Caucus recognized him as a CBC Emerging Leader at their Annual Legislative Conference in Washington, DC.
- Superlawyers Magazine Rising Star Award Winner, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- National Bar Association Nations’ Best Advocate Award Winner 2013.